Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Clear Beautiful Skin

Even at 24 years old, I'm still vying for that Beautiful Clear Skin - Well I was until I gave up being depressed and used that energy to research how to get that 'dewy natural beauty look.' I've always loved the 'bed head, fresh faced, barely there' look but never been able to achieve it feeling tinted moisturiser was too sheer, and then foundations just don't have that same 'naturalness' to them. I always felt under my eyes were still dark and a few blemishes and dark marks needed super covering and tinted moisturiser just didn't have that power in it to make me feel confident.

I started researching for two weeks straight on how and what I could do to feel confident without make up. I knew that my skin always looked plumper and more even toned when I ate Clementines and Grapes, before I even started researching... so I used this information to find out why. So to begin; Clementines are full of Vitamin C, which protects our DNA, lipids and Proteins from oxidative free radical damage, as well as providing collagen formation (We know how important collagen is for our skin, and as we get older we lose so much of it leading the way to wrinkles). Grapes also have the same benefits, in fact the Grapeseeed contains more powerful antioxidants.  The components are 50 times stronger than Vitamin E and 20 times stronger than Vitamin C.

This was a good start and a very promising supplement I could look into taking, which was easily found at a health foods store. I remembered a few years back I had read about a Chinese Papaya soap that evened out skin tone and eliminated blemishes. I found myself later at the local Chinese herbal shop in West London finding out more about it. They indeed had this Papaya soap it was one of their best sellers - because it apparently lived up to those claims! They told me it was a natural exfoliator so it very quickly gives the skin it's overall clarity back. It also has a huge concentration of Vitamin A in it.

I had learnt two natural ways which I was soon going to learn were going to improve my skin dramatically. The next 'super ingredient' I came across was 'Rosehip Oil' , I read reviews on Natural Moisturisers and this one was raved about and came out tops, by people achieving amazing results in a very short period of time.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=69833/Rosehip_Oil/Trilogy/Skincare_-_Face

Rosehip oil is an intensive moisturiser, but never too much, it is perfect for all skin types, normal and dry. It smooths out wrinkles and protects against further ones forming. It nourishes the skin, restores normal skin colour and is a topical retinoic acid (Vitamin A). So there - I had my new regime. A new cleanser, moisturiser and a supplement to take orally to aid my topical applications.

I'd always had the knowledge that exfoliation was crucial to skin health, but always thought once a week was enough. After speaking to an  Aesthetician she told me exfoliation needs to be carried out 3 times a week followed by a mask once a week in order to attain clear beautiful skin.

Lastly there are a few avenues which I am still on the way to trying and incorporating into my regime because I have researched them and find they are too 'powerful superfoods' for the skin. The first is Flaxseed oil, as it contains high levels of Omega 3 and 6 which keep the skin cell membranes soft and smooth. Many skin problems like acne and eczema are partly due to the modern diet and the fact that it lacks Omega 3 and 6 and essential fatty acids. Flaxseed oil prevents clogging of the pores, which is what can lead to acne.

As well as trying to include distilled water and Green tea into my regime for overall health and clear beautiful skin, I am feeling sooo much better and my skin is really thanking me after 4 weeks, I can quite happily go without my foundation! ;-)




LA xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment