![]() |
| Reem Kanj Founder of FiveFiveFabulous www.fivefivefabulous.com |
So just to gain a perspective back ground of Reem and why I have chosen to make her the feature of the day, let's take a look at her history:
Reem founded her own Fashion Blog FiveFiveFabulous in 2009, as a silent retaliation to being labelled 'average' at 5 ft 5". The last three years has seen her swoop from the Hoss Intropia e-commerce launch in Madrid, Net-a-Porter & Dolce Gabanna commencement to Front Row at London, Paris, NY and Milan Fashion Weeks & to put it in simpler terms soar to tremendous heights. Alongside designing an exquisite Fashion line House of Rena with her sister, she is also sharing her expertise lecturing at the University of the Arts.
1.What are your staple beauty products that you cannot live without?
I can't live without my Elizabeth Arden hand cream, Kheils lip balm and my tinted moisturiser from Cosmetics a la Carte.
1.What are your staple beauty products that you cannot live without?
I can't live without my Elizabeth Arden hand cream, Kheils lip balm and my tinted moisturiser from Cosmetics a la Carte.
2. What makes a woman beautiful and in your opinion stand out from the crowd?
I think confidence makes a woman stand out from a crowd and humility makes a woman beautiful. It's also nice to see women celebrate their natural look and not try and achieve a 'perfect barbie doll' image.
3. You have made a sublime success of yourself at a very young age - What would you say was critical to you along your journey?
Thank you, I would like to think I've only just begun! I think it was a huge factor that I took myself out of a negative crowd when I was younger and re-evaluated my ambitions. I begun to think of my future and with that came a more positive energy, especially with who I began associating myself out with.
Another factor was being consistent in my work, I don't really like to take days off and always have work in the back of my mind. It sounds like I'm a bit of a workaholic, which admittedly I am but I always make time for friends and family.
Finally, I know what I want and I have a goal, I think that's important. Make a plan and adhere to it, it's easier to try and control what's in front of you. Of course it goes without saying that you should consider what your dreams are but also bear in mind what is achievable.
4. Has aiming for the stars fulfilled you and made you a contented woman?
What I'm doing makes me proud but I think I'm content with other aspects of my life. Then again, everything rolls into one. So I guess you could say so. It's always going to be a happy and proud moment when you achieve what you aimed for. In saying that, there's still so much more that I want to do so I can't fully say I'm there yet!
5. What is the most important lesson you have learnt as a woman?
Nothing comes easy! Work hard and stay genuine. It sounds cliché but you won't believe what you can achieve through commitment and consistency.
Twitter: Twitter.com/ReemKanj
Facebook: Facebook.com/FiveFiveFabulous
Tumblr: FiveFiveFabulous.Tumblr.com
Have a peak at the behind the scenes shoot of The House Of Rena debut collection, shot on a secluded beach in Dubai....
Beauty is a whole sphere, and can reach right into the depths of your dreams and desires
LA xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment