Sometimes, when we're bored of a room, we think we need an excessive amount of money to change it... in my case, I was bored of our lounge, and I decided to use some imagination rather than spending a huge sum of money on changing everything in the room.
If you've got an old sofa, or a sofa that's just a little plain, maybe you want to try turning it into a feature on it's own entirely and styling it with some studding... creating a drastic change and turning your sofa into the icon of the room. Here's How:
Your Shopping List: Upholstery Studs (Visit your local hardware store) I paid roughly £8.00 for 40 studs A Tape Measure A Chalk A Hammer |
Hammer your first stud in the edge of the leg of the chair keeping 0.5cm away from the very edge. Measure how far you want the studs be placed (I made them 1 inch away) use the chalk to mark this. |
Hammer all the studs in, all the way down the length of the leg |
Hey Presto! (It's an L-shaped sofa and wasn't able to get both sides of the sofa in the photo) |
You can go a little further and stud the the top arc of the leg also |
Get your hammer out, and hey - take a few frustrations out at the same time!!!
LA xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment