Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Meet Lawanda Wallace

Lawanda Wallace, Consultant

Meet Lawanda Wallace... An inspirational figure who has climbed the ranks in NY's Fashion Scene, I talk to her about her journey, her inspirations and what keeps her on top and confident ....

1.Could you give us a brief overview and insight into your progression into your current career now? 
With a degree in Marketing and a Post Graduate in Fashion Buying & Merchandising from the London College of Fashion (UK) I started my career  in the buying offices of Harvey Nichols (UK) later, moving back to New York working for Saks Fifth Avenue and  Macy’s.  Throughout the past 8 years I've held several positions and moved up the ranks quickly working as a Product Development Manager, Associate Buyer and was later promoted to Fashion Director.  My keen eye for detail and in depth fabric knowledge has complimented my expertise in women’s contemporary, menswear and home & lifestyle markets.   I am currently a consultant for brands - by providing global trend forecasting, identifying new trends from a pattern, colour and print point of view, researching new designers, innovative shop concepts and creating seasonal colour palettes for various retailers, trend agencies or privately owned shops.

2. What are the challenges you have faced along the way and how did you overcome them?
When I first started my career I had work experience in a completely different industry. I wanted to be able to be competitive so I moved abroad and studied at LCF and obtained a postgraduate in Buying and Merchandising. 

3. What characteristics and skills do you admire in the people that cross your path? 
I admire people that step out in faith. People that do whatever they need to do to make their dreams come true... people that challenge themselves to do things beyond their comfort zone. 


4. What inspires you and has enabled you to become the confident woman you are today? 
I get inspired by knowing other peoples stories and processes. What's enabled me to become confident is knowing I am uniquely me! 

Enjoy the day Beauties
LA xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Have you ever looked at the latest fashions coming off the catwalk and heaved a sigh of dismay, wondering why they can't design fashions for people like you? Things are changing - no longer can an elite group of couture designers shape and dictate fashion for everyone. A revolution is happening.

    ReplyDelete